Saturday 22 August 2009

X-Factor : Danyl Johnson

I must admit - I don't often watch the early episodes of an X-Factor series. I very often find the auditions cringe worthy, and find myself hiding behind the couch as some poor soul tries to battle through nerves and indescribable lack of talent, attempting to woo the judges and audience with a song that God himself would find difficult to master.

However, I seem set to be in for the long haul in this series, having already been enticed in to what quickly became an X-Factor evening in my house this evening.

And yes, I found myself cringing, I found myself hiding behind my hands, wishing that a hole would open up under the contestant or our TV and that the pain would end. "End the suffering!", I found myself saying, wondering what I had done in the last 24 hours to deserve this.

And then, quite out of the blue, Danyl Johnson walked on to the stage and I realised why I had spent 54 minutes of my life in agony. he delivered one of the best ever auditions, and I think, even at this stage, he must be one of the favorites to make the final. Even if he doesn't - his will be a name that you will become far more familiar with, as this guy has a future in entertaining us, his audience.





Remember his name, Danyl Johnson is going to be famous!

2 comments:

  1. Yes but... a backing choir and music on early stage auditions??? He was awesome, no doubt about it and that is one of my favourite songs ever. But I wasn't impressed with X Factor's new format (spoken as a true X Factor fanatic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you're saying about the musical accompaniment. I had the same reservation, as I feel the true quality of the voice is lost in the interference the music might lend.

    But compare the two Irish brothers and their performance to Danyl's performance. Both acts were exuberant, both were extroverted and both played for the audience. But Danyl was just cheeky, magnificent and he seemed to be more in tune with his music as a being, not just with his voice.

    ReplyDelete