Wednesday 15 July 2009

Trafalgar Square Art


A few days ago I blogged about the new art display taking place at Trafalgar Square, Antony Gormley's "One and Other", taking place on the Fourth plinth.

So this evening I went in to London to see it for myself. I got to Trafalgar Square just in time for the 8 o'clock transition between participants.

The earlier participant was a Lollipop lady - someone who helps at pedestrian crossings, generally outside schools.

The next participant cut a lonely figure on the plinth. Dressed in a formal evening dress with elbow length gloves, she looked like she was the only attendee at a formal party. The dark clouds to the South of the City were a dramatic backdrop to her.



However, perhaps the most amusing sight of the evening, to me anyway, was when the participant whipped out a camera of her own, and suddenly the gathered crowd who were taking pictures of her, became a subject of her own enthusiastic photo taking.

No comments:

Post a Comment