Monday 11 May 2009

On yer Bike...

Well on Sunday I took the plunge and bought myself a bike...

I was rather surprised at just how busy the local cycle dealer was, and having done some reconnaissance last week, I knew it had been just as busy then.
But then I remembered that Mayor Boris had been pushing a campaign to get more Londoners onto bicylces, and judging by one overheard conversation, where a customer's employer were paying toward's her purchase if she cycled to work, it appears to be working.

So back to my piece of cycle engineering genius...
I bought a GT Outpost.
It is a great bike and I look forward to using it in the coming weeks and months around Wimbledon and the local parks. But having cycled it home today - I can tell you, I am going to need a lot of work on my fitness!

No comments:

Post a Comment